Tuesday, May 7, 2013

ODP.NET oracleexception with no error message :S

My oracle version is 11.2.0.2.

I tried to use ODAC 11.2.0.3 to connect to the database from my .net program.
And it threw this error ORA-1017: invalid username/password; logon denied when my password expires and I tried to change my password.

So I installed ODAC 11.2.0.2 and try to connect to the database in VB.Net however I got error OracleException with no error message -> Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException: {""}

But when I code my program in C# it gave the error OracleException {"ORA-28001: the password has expired"}

Solution to this is to uninstall all the ODAC versions in my PC.
Then install ODAC 11.2.0.2 and now it should work fine.

Btw in order to change password when the password expired, u can use this method OpenWithNewPassword.

See my thread at Oracle forum here.

 

No comments: